- Canadian Club of the Yamaska Valley Spring luncheon at noon. Members $27, non- members $35. Reservations: Claire Hobbs 450-285-2349. Annual meeting 2 p.m. Auberge West Brome. Speaker: Terry Mosher (Aislin) Political Cartoonist, The Montreal Gazette. Topic: My Fifty Years in the Business. Non-members $10. www.canadianclub-yamaskavalley.ca Info: 450-372-4562.
- Société d’horticulture Tournesol. Speaker: Sylviane Guye, herborist. Topic: Les légumineuses. Waterloo Town Hall, 7 p.m., 450-539-2740.
- Volunteer Appreciation Evening. Centre Lac-Brome 6 -8 p.m. RSVP 450-242-2020.
- Spring Tea. Holy Trinity Church, 218 Iron Hill. 2 – 4 p.m. Adults: $8, children 10 years and under: 4$.
- Palliative Care Workshop offered by l’Équipe d’accompagnement Au Diapason. Places limited and registration is required. 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. $90. For info: Thérèse Savoie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lift your Spirit: The Aging Process, at Knowlton United Church, noon to 2 p.m. Lunch provided at a cost of $5. For details contact Rev. Steve Lawson at 450-242-1993
- TBL Wellness Volunteer Centre invites all TBL seniors to a Mother’s Day Luncheon at Centre Lac-Brome at noon. Seating is limited. Reserve by Monday May 8 at 450-242-2020. Donation $5. Transportation available if needed.
Mother’s Day Supper. Club de la Bonne Humeur (aff iliated to FADOQ-RY), 6 p.m. 5 Mill Road, Bondville. Reservations a week before 450-243-5620 or by email. To rent the hall call 450-243-0357. clubdelabonnehumeur.ca
- “Old-Time Country Music” benefit concert arranged by Connie Rhicard featuring Country Cousins (Tom Kilbride, Terry Howell, Ross Roach and Randy Priest) with guests Kevin Bockus, Gary Darling, Rod Bailey and the Provencher Family. 7 p.m. at St. James Anglican Church, 725 Lakeside, Foster. Refreshments afterwards. Proceeds going towards the Save the Steeple fund for the church. For more info: Connie 450-539-2301.
- Opening of the BCHS museum 130 Lakeside. Open daily 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. throughout the summer and fall. Admission fees apply for non-members; membership is open to everyone. The special bilingual exhibit The Road Past Vimy is open weekdays 10 a.m. to noon and 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. until May 20. Admission is free, donations appreciated. Info: 450-243- 6782, or bromemuseum.com
- Evening of outstanding entertainment. 30’s and 40’s swing music. The Honey Suckle Sisters Laura Barr, Sarah Biggs, Almut Ellinghaus, Michael Hynes on piano, Stanley Lake on trumpet. Creek United Church, 278 Brill, West Bolton. 7 p.m. Advanced tickets: $15 or $20 at the door. Rod Bailey 450-243-0881 or May Banks 450-243-0280.
- Victoria Day “Talk and Tea” at the BCHS Children’s Museum, 130 Lakeside. Admission fees apply for non- members; membership is open to everyone. Info: 450-243-6782, or bromemuseum.com
- Hot and cold casserole. Creek United Church, 278 Brill Road, West Bolton. 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Donation $10 per person. Children 10 and under: $3. 450-243-0280.