This year, even more than in the past, we notice how important it is to shop locally to ensure the future of our local stores. We encourage you to buy Christmas presents and gourmet food in the local Christmas markets and around town. Those entrepreneurs and artists are the soul of our Coeur villageois. They give our region its reputation so let’s encourage them and enjoy our local products.
Here are some gift ideas whatever your taste and your budget. Don’t limit yourself, you will surely find other gifts when you visit the stores and Christmas markets in Town of Brome Lake: • Christmas market at École St-Édouard in the schoolyard.
Dec. 8 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• At Panier champêtre you can find lovely gift baskets, and a wonderful choice of presents for everyone on your list.
• At Barnes Magasin général you can find an assortment of Christmas decorations and gift ideas.
• BCHS gift boutique: you will find maple-based products, juices from Vitalité Sureau, soaps and products from Joie de Lavande and the sought after blue pottery of Robin Badger.
• For hostess gifts, you will find specialty food stores, flower and plant shops and locally grown buckthorn beauty products.
• Brome Lake Books offer the internationally famous novels of Louise Penny that take place in the well-known village of Three Pines.
• The Antiques Circuit: you will find unique pieces all along our many well-stocked antique dealers along the circuit.
• There are also interesting children’s and women’s clothes, warm woollens made from the alpaca yarn, lovely sweaters and European inspired dresses.
• And how about recycled glassware, lamps and other house fixtures? Don’t forget restaurant gift certificates.
• Tickets for a show at Theatre Lac Brome are a super gift.
• Our local wine makers have lovely bottles to offer.
• As you can see, you can find here all you need to put under the tree!
Translation: Francine Bastien