November 7th 2021 – Quebecers will vote in local elections. The onus is on voters to ensure that they are on the electoral list. You can find out if you are on the list by calling 1-888-353-2846 or by visiting http://www.electionsquebec.qc.ca On the home page, to the right, look for “can you vote?”
Important dates to remember.
• Sept. 17 until Oct. 1 at 4:30 p.m. Reception of candidates’ nomination papers.
• Oct. 1 – Proclamation of election of candidates elected without opposition.
• Week of Oct.11 – Look for a notice of registration on electoral list in the mail.
• Oct. 16 to 26 – Revision of electoral list.
• Oct. 26 to 31 – Look for a notice in the mail that will provide the voting days and locations.
• Oct. 31 – Advance polling day, (additional days might be offered by your municipality).
• Nov. 5 – Last day to return postal ballot to municipality.
• Nov. 7 – Polling day from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
More details are available at: electionsquebec.qc.ca/municipales/ and on your town’s website.
Who can vote by mail?
• Those living in seniors’ residences and residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs);
• Those who cannot travel for health reasons as well as their caregivers who live with them;
• Those who need to be isolated to comply with public health authorities’ directives;
• Those 70 years of age on Nov. 7 (TBL and West Bolton only);
• And depending on your municipality those not domiciled in the territory of the municipality.
A verbal or written request to vote by mail must be made with your Returning Officer.
RETURNING OFFICERS / PRÉSIDENTS D’ÉLECTION
TBL / VLB: Owen Falquero Owen.firstname.lastname@example.org
450-243-6111 ext. 236
East Bolton / Bolton-Est: Mélisa Camiré email@example.com
450-292-3443 ext 22
St-Etienne-de-Bolton: Marc Marin Dg.firstname.lastname@example.org
450-297-3353 ext 22
West Bolton / Bolton-Ouest: Jean-François Grandmont email@example.com
450-242-2704 ext 24
Brome: Francis Bergeron firstname.lastname@example.org